Old September 28th 04, 11:37 PM
Judy

I too, make all my Christmas cards; I make them for my father as well. I've
got 110 done and only 10 more to make! Because of the number I do, mine
aren't as elaborate as yours sound, so regular envelopes do it for me!
BTW I don't make 120 of the same card. I usually do 8 - 12 of one design
than move on to another design. That way I don't get bored. The hardest part
is deciding which card to send to whom!

--
Peace,
Judy Mitchell

"Alison Bowes" wrote in message
Okay, well - no offense to the vendors, but COMMs and ADs are all that's
been around of late... it's a bit sad. Of course, I cannot complain since

haven't been doing my part either!

So, I have hardly stamped at all in the past nine months (no, I'm not
pregnant), but recently I had occasion to make some shower invitations.
Even though I didn't stamp on them at all, they're quite nice in their
simplicity, and it got the creative juices flowing again (thank God!)

I'm working on Christmas cards - everyone's favorite topic this time of

year
(sorry, Pat!) But, really, my topic isn't about Christmas cards (although
you should definitely feel free and encouraged to chat about what you're
doing this year for the holidays, if anything, stamping-wise). My deal is
this: my "A-list" cards this year are going to be bulky and delicate.

How
would you advise mailing them? Mailing them is a must, and I don't want

spend $1 per box in order to ship them in boxes - although perhaps that

will
be my only choice. So - any creative tips for mailing a (~5x7) card that
will probably be ~1/4 - 1/2 inch thick, with delicateness to that

thickness
that would not withstand an envelope, or even a padded envelope, I don't
think.

If you're curious, I'm doing snowflake ornaments using the Holly Berry

House
"medalions" snowblossoms. I stamp and emboss the image three times per
ornament, cut and layer portions of the image to make a three-d dangly.

Come out, come out wherever you are! Let's get a discussion rolling!

Start
a topic of your own if this one isn't for you!

Kind regards,
Alison