Old September 13th 04, 04:36 PM
DrQuilter

but if you don't choose the fabrics at all it is quite different. I have
not seen these kits, but do they come in a variety of fabrics? and are
they well made?

Pat in Virginia wrote:

That is not my cup of tea, but it will probably appeal to a variety of
people. Buying commercially made patchwork blocks.... hmm? Is it
really any different than piecing your own top and then paying to have
it commercially quilted? I think not. Either way, I would not feel it
was 'completely' my quilt. I do not fault anyone who wants to work
that way though. To each her own!
PAT, who is too frugal to do either any how!

CNYstitcher wrote:

Was in JoAnns a few days ago just looking, wasting time...testing out
the new glasses (definite difference, but NO headaches!!) and I saw
the most disgusting thing they could ever put in front of a
quilter......pre-pieced quilt blocks!! Yep, the entire block put
together already, about $5 per block. All you need to do is buy
however many you need for your desired size, stitche them together
into rows/columns and add the batting/backing

I was glad, however to notice I wasn't the only one disgusted...a
lady and her daughter were in the store looking for fabric for a
halloween costume, and when Mom saw them, she loudly said, "You've
got to be kidding me!!"

...cut...

--
Dr. Quilter