Old August 22nd 06, 09:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debbie

Default What would you do?

I'd tell her what it would *really* cost to make a quilt

count:
materials
time x minimum wage
electricity costs (for sewing machine/lights/iron)
notions

then ask if she is prepared to pay that for her bosses gifts.

note: I usually say it's 800 euros for a king quilt and that's only for
the
materials - most people go silent and don't mention it again LOL
--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Yes, I need a comeback like this. I had a complete stranger in a chat room
ask me if I would send her one. I didn't even know her. First time in the
chat room under the name "Quilter". Needless to say I changed that name
immediately!!!

Debbie