Old June 15th 06, 06:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Now cell/mobile phones LQS Complaints--Other shoe; same foot.

I can hear it too and it's definitely annoying!!!
Guess I don't fall into the "older" or "adult" category yet (wonder
when; I'm going on 42!!!)

CLaudia

Sandy Ellison wrote:
Howdy!

My Avon lady (good friend) told me about this, Monday,
a ring tone that we "older" folks aren't supposed to be able to hear.
http://tinyurl.com/juf9l

I can hear it. Some dept. stores still have electronic equipment
running that I can hear buzzing/whining above my head. Ooooerrrrgh!

Meanwhile, I appreciate having my mobile phone available,
for *my* use. Not in a check-out line, not in a meeting, not at
the table in a restaurant, not while I'm driving.
I mean, if I drove and phoned, how could I, with a clear conscience,
yell at other drivers? : "Hang up and drive! It's an automobile,
not a phone booth on wheels!" G

It was a joy to have that phone with me in Paducah last year;
called dear husband back at work in Dallas, exclaiming over the
charm & beauty of that old downtown area. He shared my excitement
and looks forward to going to Paducah with me later this year.

Ragmop/Sandy --my Avon lady & I are thinking of inventing a "detector"
that will sniff out those whining cell phone tones g

On 6/14/06 2:22 PM, in article
, "desert quilter"
wrote:

Seems about half the complaints center around cell phones. And then
people wonder why various school districts have banned cell phones in
schools. Adults can't even control themselves with the pesky things.
How well do you think a teenager is going to do?

Michelle in NV