Old June 15th 06, 03:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Students - was LQS Complaints--Other shoe; same foot.

Cheryl, you described my problem student so well I'd think we had the same
one. She is such a trial and she is just sooooo exhausting. Mercy. But
(!) she has such a faint bit of self esteem. Her family tells her
constantly that she never finishes anything and never does anything well. I
will cheer her on and help her if it kills me. It just might. Polly

Cheryl wrote, in part,
I have a newbie student who does that to me all the time.
Starts one quilt and when it is set up to be continued at
home she then turns up with no warning and announces "I have
this idea for a new quilt". I have learned to dread those
words.
She is so keen I can't bring myself to tell her to go away,
and her work is lovely when finished. But we are now
venturing into techniques of piecing where accurate seams
are critical (triangles, etc). Up to now she has just raced
through a lot and been very much "near enough is good
enough", and I have had to come up with solutions when
things didn't meet up exactly. But last night I warned her
that this was no longer possible and she had to be more
careful. On she sailed!