Old August 11th 05, 01:08 PM
Polly Esther

If you might choose wood flooring, you need to be warned about buckling.
Something that can leak such as a hot water heater, or ice maker can cause
the floors to ripple and buckle. The tiny bit of "grow room" they leave
under the base boards won't be enough to let them stretch and shrink. Not
once but twice, we had outside moisture cause our magnificent pecan floors
to wave like a seascape. This wasn't anything inside but simply the
thoroughly (and then some!) soaked grounds and air outside.
Those floors were cold, hard, loud and just absolutely gorgeous. IMHO.
Polly

"Roberta Zollner" wrote in message
My main sewing room is also the laundry room, with ceramic tiles. Very
easy to clean! Very easy to see dropped pins, etc. And with under-floor
heating, still pleasant in winter.
Roberta in D

"Mary in Washington" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ups.com...
Once again, I am calling your expertise and experience concerning the
floor for my sewing room. Without dishing the dirt on the previous
owner, I do wish that his bellybutton pops out, his legs fall off and
the house inspect have to carry him around. What we thought was going
to be a simple update turned into a 3-year construction party.

We have worked hard for 3 years to get this house up to standards. New
carpet, paint, hardwood, tile, moldings, fixtures, so on and so forth
has brought us to the outside paint which will happen next summer and
the floor in my sewing room. This is the space that I have always
coveted and have been thrilled with the set up. The carpet now is gold
shag right out of the 70's and other then a good cleaning before I
move in it has had nothing done to it. I am ashamed to say that I am
even afraid to vacuum in there because when I am in a project it gets
totally trashed. But I pick up and put everything back in order after
each project...but I am sure I miss some pins.

That being said, I am also a bare foot quilter. Can't stand
shoes!!!! In winter I will compromise with socks but that is it and
nice carpet would be nice.

Do I put hard wood, tile, carpet, and if so what kind. Please tell me
what you have and why you love, like or hate it.

My gratitude in advance.

Mary

http://community.webshots.com/user/moondancewa
IN THE COOKIES OF LIFE, FRIENDS ARE THE CHOCOLATE CHIPS.