Old January 7th 04, 01:52 AM
cozy

no.... it's nothing special, just something I bought at some hotel when they
had a bunch of cheap machines. Just nice to be able to get to it again.

Kate Dicey wrote in message
cozy wrote:

Unexpectedly, I awoke at 7am today (I'm never a morning person, at least

for
the first 51 years of my life!) I started working around 9 and found a

box
full of stuff that I must have bought at an auction... I can't believe

what
I'm finding in he

old linens with handmade edges (lace, not the thin stuff, heavy

embroidery
kind)
6 basket blocks
6 medium size grandmothers flower garden
*50* medium size grandmothres flower garden blocks
37 partial blocks
4 blocks with the muslin around the edges already
a boat load of hex blocks cut out + lots of matching material to keep

going
2 quilt tops: 9patch of muslin and a print -old half put together, the
other half in finished blocks
1 top that is a little weird, just pieces of fabric sewn together.

It's
not quite tasteful... yet, I remember once seeing an ugly quilt show and
they got ugly quilt tops that had been ditched and quilted them grandly

and
transformed even the ugliest, I remember thinking about that when I

bought
this one!

I took pictures, so when I'm done with this process I'll put up my best
finds along with UFO pics so you can see my discoveries! UFO ALERT:

also found an overnight case with my 'stars from stripes' 8pt star

pieces I
started a million years ago. These were all stacked horribly under

the
table, and now that I've drug them out, I can get _to_ the table. I

mopped
under there, reboxed things in tubs (yes there are vent holes) and threw

out
the old dust ridden boxes. Half the stuff I put back has not been gone
thru yet, maybe I'll still feel like it tonight, we'll see. Once that

is
done, they'll be room to start sorting the mess ON TOP the table, I can
already see my sewing maching emerging!

I've called my mom and she's up for it so I'll knock off now and get

ready
to go play!

Way to go! Can you remember which make and model machine it is? ;P
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk