Old January 7th 04, 12:33 AM
Jalynne

I am quite the opposite. I have to have 8 matching glasses at all times. To match
my dishes...8 place settings. I'm insane, and happily so. Good news is, that I get
rid of the glasses that are "extra" so i don't accumulate too much stuff.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

"Butterfly" wrote in message
Drinking glasses? Do NOT, repeat, do NOT go to my cupboards and expect to
find a set of them....you won't. I have this really strange habit of
dropping things like glasses /dishes/ you know the stuff you usually have
SETS of......
hmmmmm, maybe I should hit a few garage sales this summer and actually BUY a
set of glasses--then it might not bother me too much when I drop them......
Butterfly (I have ONE set of glasses that are only used for very special
occasions--just so I can SAY I have 4 matching glasses---weren't those the
10 cent glasses you got this summer? : )
"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Im not horrified, and I think to some extent most of us can relate in one
way or another. Its so easy to aquire *things* nowadays and so hard to get
rid of them that its made us into a nation of packrats with to much stuff!
Just watch the plethora of shows on cable channels dealing with organizing
'stuff'. Its horrifying! And we keep buying MORE. If you dont believe me

go
to any decent sized garage sale and look at how many drinking glasses are
for sale.
Just so you know, this rant doesnt apply to quilt and craft books,
supplies, tools or materials. The key to keeping those from being a

problem
is good storage techniques. ;-)

Diana
--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

"cozy" wrote ...
Diana.. wow, I'm glad people are enjoying my efforts... I have to admit

that
before I began sharing it I was a little scared, thinking people would

be
horrified at the state of mess I have going here!