Old August 15th 03, 05:51 PM
nJb

jtrivette wrote:

Bryan, you hit the nail on the head. I have done glass since 1990 (while in
military). Did a lot of things for retirements, going-aways, family, etc,
but had to buy supplies at local shops (and I know we need to support them
as they are in business also for the hobbyist and they provide excellent
classes/etc). Now retired from military (2002) and am looking to start
doing it on a larger scale and don't want to continue paying retail prices.

So---looking for wholesale sources. I'm in Oklahoma, but am willing to pay
shipping on orders large enough to fill up my glass shelves and supply
cabinet. I know about Delphi and Warner-Crivallero, but wonder if there are
wholesalers that provide better prices on larger amounts of glass and
supplies.

Thanks.

Talk to your local distributor. They will probably sell at different
levels of wholesale rates depending on your annual volume. I have found
this to my advantage here in Salt Lake and helps ensure we have a local
shop to go to. There are times I just have to buy "off the shelf". In
those cases, a large discount applies. If I am fortunate enough in the
future that my savings will be substantial I may have to by direct.
Working out of my house, it wouldn't be practical to have a fork truck
or pallet jack and have to be here for deliveries. My local supplier
performs a valuable service at a reasonable price. As a newbie, I also
enjoy the face to face contact with other glass artists.

If your volume is high enough try D&L in Boulder CO.

http://www.dlstainedglass.com/

--
Jack

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/xmissionbobo/