Old June 15th 07, 01:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default OT needing ice cream experts

Polly, I don't qualify mine as low fat, but it is egg free so maybe it
will help you with the ratios.... and everyone always raves.... it's
really simple... just use the directions that go with your maker for
procedures ...here you go:

Vanilla
2 cups whipping cream
2 cups half and half
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Chocolate
2 cups whipping cream
2 cups half and half
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Jan
RCTQ Coffee Diva

On Jun 14, 5:37 pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
DH is a very good sport about our 'fat-free' diet but ice cream used to be
such a favorite of his. So. Therefore. I am going to invent wonderful ice
cream that doesn't contain egg yolks or fat. The stuff at the grocery
leaves an after-taste much like Mop 'n Glo and I'm sure 'we' can do better.
One of the recipes I've found calls for an envelope of powdered whipped
topping. That sounds like it might work. The recipe calls for TWO teaspoons
of vanilla to make only 2½ cups. The ice cream freezer is big enough to
double the recipe but I'm thinking four teaspoons of vanilla is going to be
waaaaay too much. The 'theory' is that your tastebuds are dulled by
something frozen and ice cream needs a heavy hand with flavoring. I'm going
to need some guidance as well as some taste-testers. Naturally, there will
be chocolate cake to go with it. Polly