Old November 24th 05, 03:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Pre-washed squishies/hug blocks

When I get a squishie that either looks unwashed, or um, needs washing for
other reasons, I just pop it in the wash (there's always a load that needs
doing around here), and fondle it after!

For HUG blocks, I have not really noticed any that smelled smokey (from
anyone, not singling Leslie out here). They go up on my design wall -
usually for several days, and perhaps they just air out. I also have not
noticed any problems with shrinkage with unwashed fabric used for HUG
blocks.

So... send anything you like... I'll deal with it! G

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply
"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
oups.com...
Okay- this "to wash or not to wash" topic comes up frequently. This
brings up a question.... how do we determine if a pre-washed
squishie/hug block will be welcomed?

Every fabric I buy goes straight to the washer and dryer with softener.
All three of us smoke- sadly. When I want to squish someone, it isn't
convenient to drive 40 miles one way to my nearest not very local LQS
to buy un-washed fabric- especially since I drive a BIG truck that gets
lousy gas mileage and gasoline prices are so fierce right now. I try
to remember to re-wash squishies, but I fear they get stinky again
before they are shipped or the odor doesn't come completely out. I
also send books to other quilters and I sure can't wash them!

What does a pre-washing smoker do??? I truely would like to hear some
opinions.... :-)

Leslie (got some S'Mores fabric I'm anxious to send out....) & The
Furbabies in MO.