Old November 19th 04, 12:35 PM
mauvicem

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to respond....very helpful

" mauvicem" wrote in message
A question has come up in our guild.....our president wanted to give back

the entire group for such a fine job that was done at our quilt show....so
she arranged a workshop that she has offered to guild members for
free....here is the question....we are an incorporated non-profit
organization and so one of our members pointed out that there are IRS
"admonitions"/rules about non profit organizations using group funds for

the
benefit of the members only....the general thought is to offer a certain

set
number of slots for the workshop for the general public and the balance to
the membership....
Has anyone had to deal with this issue in your guild or other non profit
organization? And how did you address it?