Old March 27th 06, 08:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default a new development in Scotland

Record usage I have seen personally - three phone calls in
the length of one aisle in my local supermarket (about 55')!

I don't think we will ever be able to prove or disprove
whether excessive use of mobiles is really a risk factor for
developing brain disorders. The "excessive users" are
already brain deranged!!!! - so how would we be able to
measure/quantify the difference before and after X-usage.

--
Cats ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^
( U ) ( U ) ( U )

catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

"Patti" wrote in message
: Last time I was travelling on a long-distance train, I
found a 'quiet'
: coach - so labelled. It was intended to be a refuge from
mobile phone
: use. I think that's a really good idea. Snag was, one
girl hadn't
: taken any notice and was carrying on a business meeting
for almost the
: whole length of my journey - and no railway official
happened by in all
: that time. Still, it is a good idea. I'm off on a
long-way visit on
: Friday, I'll see if people are taking more notice on that
train.
: It's the ones from the supermarket to someone at home,
checking all the
: things they buy to see if they are right, that get me. I
mean, honestly
: ....
: .
: In message
. net,
Polly
: Esther writes
: And could we get with the program on non-cell phones? In
the library
: yesterday, there was a very annoying kid with his cell
phone loudly talking
: sweet-nothings with someone while he read the titles of
whichever section he
: was in with silly comments, we're subjected to business
calls on hawg
: futures in a nice restaurant, or the plumber's laments
on late deliveries
: and in the dr's office, we were forced to hear a very
intimate description
: of the patient's pre-op instructions, something about
'don't' when the suds
: subside. Good grief. Wonder what ever happened to
polite? Polly
: --
: Best Regards
: pat on the hill