Old March 24th 04, 09:11 AM
J M

I'm a female newbie to this forum, and quite dismayed that subjects can
deviate from what the site is intended for.
However I have a few things to add on this issue and perhaps will bring an
end to this irrelevant discussion.

OK - so Landrovers aren't sexy, cheap to buy and run, some Landrover drivers
may be inconsiderate, and perhaps some potters in can't afford one BUT....

I HAVE a Landrover Discovery.... and with all this negativity I thought I'd
add a few comments in favour of them.

My Disco wasn't THAT expensive (I bought mine second hand)
I don't drive mine like I 'own the road'. You'll be surprised how many
people try to squeeze through in front and cut you up.
It has been the 'safest car' I have ever driven (and I have driven quite a
few ranging from Ladas to LWB Vans).
All range vision is excellent!
They have a large amount of space inside to fit bulky pottery equipment and
supplies.
If another car is stuck in snow, or mud - who do they come to when they need
pulling out?..... Heck! I even saw one pull a lorry stuck in a muddy field
during one wet carnival day. Ours even pulled a large camper van which had
'dug-in' at the bottom of a steep slope on a campsite last year!

Another thing...
Don't damn a product just because of the advertiser - adverts will always
offend SOMEONE!
Regarding not making enough money out of pottery - well you get what you put
into it.. It's the same in any self-run business.

I'm going to get back to my wheel now and do some 'work' instead of being
stuck in front of the computer all day!