Old March 31st 05, 12:51 PM
Viviane

If you like the house and the area and can extend, do that instead. Mind
you dealing with builders can be as stressful as dealing with real estate
agents! I don't know where in the US you are but assume that you have cold
winters. Living in Australia we don't have that problem but we do have our
bedroom window open year round. I remember my grandad in Paris opening
every window in his apartment for about 30 minutes every morning, whatever
the weather. I think you'll find that opening your windows every day will
benefit the whole family, particularly your children. Allergies to cats are
a real problem in Australia and fresh air is recommended for that.

"CNYstitcher" wrote in message
. ..
okay, so far the house has been shown to 4 potential buyers. yeehah...not!
The first people wanted a split, not a raised ranch, okay, no problem. We
have only gotten feedback from 2 of the 3 people from yesterday...one said
the size wasn't what they were looking for, the other said that there was
entirely too much work to be done for the price we are asking, both said
they smelled cats in the house.

Well....duh! we are currently living in the house, we have 2 children and
3 cats. It has been closed up for the winter, and is just now getting
warm enough to open the windows, so it's going to be a little musty.
However, the entire house has been cleaned, even the carpets and wood
work. I am currently trying to get the baseboard trim and doors painted,
but with regular life activities, it is taking a little bit of time to get
everything done.

I am already ticked off beyond explanation. The main reason we wanted to
move was that we knew we were going to be outgrowing this house in the
near future, but putting an addition on would alleviate that a bit. Also,
we have serious issues with the people across the street...swearing at and
beating their children, and we can hear everything!! Well....the moving
van was at their house yesterday and they are finishing packing out today
and probably tomorrow as well.

So....what do I do now???

Larisa