Old March 31st 05, 06:23 AM
DrQuilter

not sure about that.. if DH walkd into a house that smelled of cinnamon,
I don't think he'd buy it.. he'd probably prefer the cat smell!

Pogonip wrote:
CNYstitcher wrote:

okay, so far the house has been shown to 4 potential buyers.
yeehah...not! The first people wanted a split, not a raised ranch,
okay, no problem. We have only gotten feedback from 2 of the 3 people
from yesterday...one said the size wasn't what they were looking for,
the other said that there was entirely too much work to be done for
the price we are asking, both said they smelled cats in the house.

Well....duh! we are currently living in the house, we have 2 children
and 3 cats. It has been closed up for the winter, and is just now
getting warm enough to open the windows, so it's going to be a little
musty. However, the entire house has been cleaned, even the carpets
and wood work. I am currently trying to get the baseboard trim and
doors painted, but with regular life activities, it is taking a little
bit of time to get everything done.

I am already ticked off beyond explanation. The main reason we wanted
to move was that we knew we were going to be outgrowing this house in
the near future, but putting an addition on would alleviate that a
bit. Also, we have serious issues with the people across the
street...swearing at and beating their children, and we can hear
everything!! Well....the moving van was at their house yesterday and
they are finishing packing out today and probably tomorrow as well.

So....what do I do now???

Larisa

If you have an electric stove, sprinkle a little powdered cinnamon on
the burner and turn it on low. It's cheaper, easier and faster than
baking cookies, which also makes a house smell good. If you have a
bread machine, time a loaf to finish up about the time viewers are
expected. The cinnamon is easier, though.

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out before replying)