Old July 7th 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
JK@work

Default 'splain to me about 'band saws'

wrote in message
ps.com...
this is an innovation i know nothing about...basically, since getting
back into SG, i've
ignored the topic when looking at catalogs but ...

all of a sudden it dawned on me that there are some folks out there who
are using
saws to cut glass????? really????

isn't this like cheating? where's the craftsman of old? is everyone
'hi-teching' it
these days?

can you give me a summary of how band saws are used in 100 words or
less???

thanks

ar...
in the dark ages of SG, i guess.

SG guy here. I have a ring saw and use it maybe 5 times a year for
weird things like cutting bottles, right angles, drapery glass, etc etc.
Bottom line is that it's a non essential toy for SG work. But........ I
don't need my IPOD or plasma decoder ring either. I love gadgets and buy
everyone I see. If you're not poor and love glass working, by all means get
a Taurus ringsaw. You'll have a blast with it!

--
JK Sinrod
www.sinrodstudios.com