Old March 25th 04, 07:03 PM
KJALarson

wrote in message I love potters. Fascinating
thread to read - thanks everyone for throwing
in your thoughts on your priorities.

My two cents next . . . My son introduced me to pottery five years ago. I
am now as hooked as anyone could be. It has been great for me while
recovering from cancer treatments. Did a lot of reading while laid up, then
applied what I had read. I am finally to the stage where some of my wares
are marketable. Making enough to purchase my clay is wonderful! (I do
naked raku.) My son, however, returned home last year from a road trip and
decided that he would make art "his job." We supported him as best we could
while trying to convey some of the practical realities. The 'rover
commercial just made me laugh -- instantaneous realization for one young man
of what we had been trying to do for almost a year. My son, like me, has a
passion for pottery, but he has now decided that a day job has been a good
way to pay his rent and eat.
Judy L