Old May 11th 04, 02:10 AM
fran

If you are talking about the thread slipping out of the needle, the
only solution I have is to make sure your hands are very smooth. Silk
can find the tiniest of rough patches to catch on.

If you are talking about the fabric slipping in the frame/hoop/stand,
this is why the Japanese literally sew thier fabric into a frame on
the top and bottom, then use the scroll bars on the sides the keep the
material taut as a drum. They have frames of all lengths so that a
10' long peice will actually be mounted onto a 10' frame. Imagine
stitching on a frame that longer than a room is tall!

The best way I know of to hold silk, or any other slippery fabric, in
a hoop or frame is to stitch another rougher fabric onto the edges of
the silk and use that to anchor the peice. I would use a very strong
unbleached broadcloth or polished cotton. Make sure you have washed
the cotton in hot water acouple of times to get it to shrink as much
as possible. This will help prevent the cotton from stretching with
time. You do not want to go so heavy on the cotton that there is a
great disparity between the weights of the silk cloth and the cotton,
but you do need a stong cotton.

hope this helped

On Mon, 10 May 2004 17:34:34 GMT, (Mirjam
Bruck-Cohen) wrote:

Any one a tip? when i embroider silk on silk ,, it slippppppps
how do i stop that ???
mirjam