Old August 4th 07, 02:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
javahut

Default Worden and Odyssey Lamps

"Michael" wrote in message
ups.com...
javahut wrote:

I have built a few hundred lamps, don't count or keep track in
particular, but have a scrapbook full of pictures.........

*************
Wow! That's impressive. Especially considering the major amount of
work that must go into each one.

And thank you for the comparison between Worden and Odyssey. I think
I'll start with a small Worden with a fairly simple design and decide
where to go from there.

Something to keep in mind while choosing a pattern, especially the first
one. If the pattern that you chose has so few pieces as to make the pieces
large, "left to right" then you will have to center them to make them go
around the curve/circumference of the lamp, sort of "balance" them on the
curve. There are easier ways to learn than to chose a pattern where you
need to do that. AN example is the 13 in Worden WOODBINE or the Odyssey 16
in Woodbine, a certain balance of the pieces must occur. As a beginning
pattern I would chose something that has more pieces and forego that part of
learning, it is frustrating to tip them all the time instead of
concentrating on your glass and its design.

The important thing of lamp building is to learn and to enjoy the
process...I have yet to build one where I wouldn't do something a little
different to improve the one I just finished, when I do it again.