Old August 3rd 07, 05:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman@work

Default Worden and Odyssey Lamps

wrote in message
s.com...
On Aug 2, 4:33 pm, Michael wrote:
I'm wanting to build a Tiffany lamp. I've noticed that Worden and
Odyssey are two of the major players. I would appreciate any feedback
you might have on the quality of the forms and patterns provided by
the two companies.

Michael

If you decide that you want to use Worden forms and you want the
sectional, then buy enough sectionals to make a 360 degree mold.
Otherwise you can run into a lot of pain trying to get each section to
line up with the next one. Might cost a little more but it'll make
your lamp building a better experience. With the Worden molds you have
the ability to make several different designs on one mold. I prefer
the Odyssey because of the durability but with some care the Worden
molds can be used many times. I think everyone who's doing stained
glass should build at least one Tiffany style lamp.

What about those Rainbow/Studio Design one piece plastic lamp forms? I
made lots of those in years past.

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com