Old March 28th 07, 06:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Shirley Shone

Default sewing machine extension tables

In message , Anne Rogers
writes
you know what I mean, those plastic things with adjustable legs that you can
put round your machine to have a larger surface area supporting your work.

Any idea where I would buy one? Any particular brands available. I know
there is a local store that orders them to fit your machine, but that sounds
expensive, I'm looking to get a cheap one!

Anne

Anne have a look at the one on my website under other crafts.
I made a cut out of the machine arm in cardboard and took it to a glass
supplier. He cut me a 24 inch square of 6mm acrylic glass and then cut
the slot out to fit round the arm. Cost 20pounds.
DH then made some wooden legs 7 larger ones and a smaller one where it
rested on the front of the machine. He drilled holes and screwed the
wooden legs also he drilled two small holes at the corners of the inner
edge of cut out so if the glass did crack it would not go further than
the holes.
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone