Old August 11th 05, 05:09 AM
Elizabeth Young

Mary in Washington wrote:
Once again, I am calling your expertise and experience concerning the
floor for my sewing room.

Do I put hard wood, tile, carpet, and if so what kind. Please tell
me what you have and why you love, like or hate it.

I have carpet in my sewing room/office (because I lost the this
particular skirmish in planning our new house). I like the carpet
because it is cozy on my feet (not such an issue right now - can we
PLEASE have cooler weather?).
However, I would take any kind of hard flooring: vinyl, ceramic, fake
wood, real wood, steamrolled pop cans (ok, just kidding) over carpet in
a heartbeat.

Carpet = bad
Hard surface = good

(should have fought harder)