Old August 11th 05, 04:33 AM
Marcella Peek

I'm with Cheryl.

My sewing room is the basement. It is nicely finished and came with a
nice oak parquet floor. Blech. Why? I live south of San Francisco.
Not south enough to be warm like say, San Jose, but south enough to
catch the edges of the fog often enough. That wood floor was darn cold
for me the hater of shoes.

I got a nice low pile carpet. It's dense enough that pins lie on top of
the carpet if I drop them and don't fall into the depths to be found
only by bare feet and cause unladylike swearing.

It's dense enough that I have a rolling office chair that rolls just
fine on the carpet, to give you a rough idea.

It vaccums up in a jif so I can lay my newly sewn blocks out or my
quilts out for basting.

marcella

In article ,
"Cheryl" wrote:

I always thought my first choice would be vinyl, but when I built my home
and made almost half the floor area one big room I got commercial low pile
wool blend carpet. I can hear the howls of idsbelief from here! But the
static built-up is nil, it wears extremely well, vacuums like a dream,
cleams easily with a machine I hire from the supermarket, feels good
unerfoot and looks great after years of very hard treatment by an enormous
number of visiting sewers.

If you want carpet don't be put off, but also stay away from anything with
too much synthetic content! You will have to pull every single thread off
it by hand - they cling!

A recent catalogue that got dropped in the mailbox offered a vac attachment
that fits any machine and has a head like one of those lint remover brushes.
I doubted, but it was so cheap I decided to try it out. I paid hundreds of
dollars for my vac, but this brush - worth only a few buck - is fabulous!

--