Old August 19th 03, 01:01 PM
Bonnie

I guess I'll add my story. My Mom was a very talented
needleworker. She made my clothes and my brothers, as
well as all our sweaters. I think she really wanted me
to learn. I'd organize sewing groups with my friends
and my Mom would teach them. I never finished a project.
After my friends became interested, I'd quit. My Mom
would help all the girls finish their projects - mine
went unfinished, but I had learned all the basics!
Years later, after I had married and was living out of the
country I found the need to start sewing and other crafts
and haven't stopped. My Mom is still amazed at the work I do.
I guess a thank you is long over due to her and I'll do
that when I finish this post.
I started quilting in the sixties. I don't have any idea
how many quilts I've made. I love working on baby quilts -
I think it's because of the little bundles which the quilts
warm. My latest quilting has been for Veterans hospitals
and nursing homes. I do lap quilts for people in
wheelchairs (13 quilts since Nov.)
Also, I'm working on a kingsize quilt (first and maybe last).

That's my story.
--
Bonnie
NJ