Old August 10th 03, 02:12 PM
Kate Dicey

Charlie wrote:

Tell me about it! My attendance record at school was around just over 3/4
because one week a month I would be in so much pain I would be in bed! My
mum took me to the doc eventually when I just passed out from the pain once
and he put me on the pill at 14! Everything was good, my attendance was
almost perfect! My dosage was upped to a different one two months ago
because the pain came back a bit and now I@m going to try an almost dairy
free diet (except for cream, and I won't go out of my way to not eat things
like cakes or milk in my tea!). Oooh, Kate, if you have any great dairy
free recipes that you're willing to share and don't take a lot of typing I'd
love to have them - I'm compiling myself a cook book. I loved your soup
idea of getting the spoon to stand up, I tried it with leek and potato and
it was wonderful! BF loved it!

Charlie.

Ha! Boarding school did NOT up my attendance in this respect! I was
eventually put on the pill because it was affecting my A level studies.
These days I have a plastic insert that released progesterone in the one
spot: lasts for 5 years. It hasn't cured it, BUT I no longer have 9 day
wonders, floods and throwing up/fainting/dizzy spells, etc, and my
temper is better (except this week, when I blame the weather!).

I have about 200 cookbooks - there MUST be a dairy free recipe or two in
there! Would you like meaty ones, veggie ones, puddings? Let me know,
and I'll scan a few in and get DH to convert them to text files so they
take up less space.
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk