Old August 10th 03, 05:55 AM
julia sidebottom

I for one am one of those who's health and medications have dictated
my weight. STEROIDS. Can't live with them and can't live without them.
Since there is no hope of ever being off them there is even less hope of
weight loss. sigh. So I quilt instead of being to concerned about it
anymore. Quilting is much more fun.
juliasb

Dr. Quilter wrote:
In our weekly lab meeting we have now this thing that is called 'out of
the box', when each member of the lab in turn is required to come up
wiht a subject of discussion that is not related to our work. Some
subject have been interesting and led to lively discussions, others have
tanked. One of the most succesful ones was 'obesity'. And while a lot of
people seem to think that fat people are all lacking in will and self
restraint, a small percentage of them do have serious health problems
that are the CAUSE of their obesity, not only consequences of it. For
that small percentage, diet and exercise, though they can never be bad
for you unless you go to extremes, don't really help, and more drastic
measures might be required.

gently snipped ....