Old September 14th 04, 08:17 PM
Monika Schleidt

W_D_Great_Divider wrote:
"Russell Andavall" wrote in message

My first wife... Oh ah... ceramics... Lets see... stack-up door fell down
at cone 10, Cooled real quickly after I bricked the door back up using wet
sweatshirts and kiln gloves.... My mentor bought a 100 lb bag of anhydrous
silica for very cheap. We proceeded to have all the glazes shiver off the
pots... Several kiln loads of pots were ruined right before Christmas...
Crashing truck full of pottery.... (joined AA and no longer a problem..)
Earthquake 1989... lost 60% of a bisque kiln and 8 silicon carbide shelves
14x28... back to first wife... arrived at booth drunk off her gourd and
proceed to smash as much pottery as she could before I returned from
restroom... But the biggest blunder I ever made was while selling the
pottery. I was feeding a meter and the meter maid was coming so I ran to
the meter... I slipped on a pizza wrapper and twisted my ankle so badly
that it came out of the socket and broke my leg.... 6 months of cast and
pins in the ankle and a plate in the leg... cost of feeding the meter?
About $20k...
Current disaster involves getting the blade on my 1942 Champion Mixer
welded...
Russ Andavall
www.firegodarts.com

OK, I vote we give the the winning medal on this on. I sure hope you paid
your dues and that life has gotten a whole lot better.

I second that, i think Russell wins the prize on disasters. I thought my
disaster dropping all the glazes in one second was bad enough, but.....
he beats us all!
I hope your life will calm down a bit in the future, Russell, get back
to making pots and enjoy it.

Monika
--
Monika Schleidt

www.schleidt.org/mskeramik
(If you wish to send me a mail, please leave out the number after my name!)