Old June 26th 05, 12:30 PM
E J Ralph

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 14:42:49 -0700, "Kandice Seeber"
wrote:

Venting follows - feel free to skip if you don't want to hear my whining.

I'm breaking my own rule about not posting anything negative about a
customer. I know that. But, I'm so mad, I could spit nails. I just got my
first negative feedback on my ebay account. It's completely retaliatory no
less.

It's from the person who didn't respond or pay for the Mint Blossoms set
that I relisted recently. She finally contacted me letting me know she was
back in town, that she'd had a family emergency. This was after I had filed
the NPB and relisted the beads. She wanted to know if she could still buy
the beads, and if I could wait a week while she got her finances together.
I was very nice to her - saying I understood that emergencies happen, that I
hoped things got better for her, but that I was sorry - I had already
relisted the beads on ebay and could not sell them to her.

Well, she finally responded back after 5 days saying that I didn't care
about customers, that I only cared about money. And that I was hard to
contact (?????). Then she left the negative feedback.

Hard to contact? I have emailed her several times, and answered every thing
she's contacted me about on the day she contacted me. What on earth did I
do wrong here? I had no idea if I was ever going to hear from her until
after I had relisted the beads. I relisted well after the 7 day waiting
period I give everyone, which is written clearly in my auction description.
All the buyer has to do is contact me within 7 days. I am very leniant as
to payment - if they need longer, I can almost always work something out.
But 7 days without any kind of contact is my limit. I have too many other
customers wanting my beads to continue to hold something indefinitely.

I waited 8 days before relisting and even longer before leaving her negative
feedback. I didn't hear from her for 10 days. ****sigh**** I can no
longer be proud of a 100% feedback rating. This really makes me angry.

I am sure there are people who are going to say that I didn't wait long
enough. But you know what? Why should I hold beads indefinitely when I
have so many wonderful customers who are willing to contact me right after
the sale and pay within a reasonable amount of time? Maybe I have been
spoiled - but honestly, if I would have heard from this person on time I
would have worked out a payment arrangement with her based on the family
emergecy. I'm not heartless. Damn it.

I feel your frustration Kandice,

But as others have said - one negative means nothing. Anyone with a
brain can figure out the real negatives on ebay from the "that buyer
has a personality problem" ones!

I haven't had a neg myself (yet) but I had a similar thing with a
seller on ebay doing a negative (anonymous) review of my book because
I wouldn't share certain polymer clay techniques with her. At first it
is very hurtful and makes you angry - but you just gotta figure - what
is their life like if they go around blaming others all the time
instead of being adult about these situations? They are the losers in
the long run because they obviously have a lot of anger and negativity
inside them.

Like Su said, we cant allow ourselves to be held to ransom over these
things. Your beads are beautiful - your reputation is excellent and
one silly negative on ebay will not even touch the sides. It means
nothing - put her on your blocked bidders and enjoy the fact that
those beads went to a much better home in the end anyway!

Emma
www.ejrbeads.co.uk