Old October 23rd 07, 08:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

Default Ethical question about quilt shows

I've seen it happen in shows. sigh. I think it was just after that when
the local guild show quite accepting kit quilts for judging.

Almost as bad is when there are several quilts all from the same class
entered. It can be nice, but I would like to see those all grouped
together and labeled as from the same class. It can be interesting to
compare the different ways people interpret the same thing. G

Pati, in Phx.
http://community.webshots.com/user/PatiCooks

Sally Swindells wrote:
What if two people entered identical quilts!

Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk

MB wrote:
Did the judges know that it came from a kit? I once saw a quilt
made from
a kit
in a show and people were raving about it too. Scads of fabrics and
it was
lovely.
It did win a prize but I didn't see anything on it that said it was
from a
kit---and
I knew that it was because I had bought the same kit then returned it
when
I knew I just
couldn't do that much hand applique !! Mary/VT

snipped:
"Sunny"
I was admiring the gorgeous quilt that won the top prizes at this
year's local guild quilt show a few weeks back today. It was made by
one of the owners of the LQS here. I opined that picking the fabrics
must have been really a hoot when she said that she hadn't picked any,
it was a kit.