Old January 31st 08, 04:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.[_2_]

Default Time for another Roll Call?

Hi Rose, where in upstate New York are you from? My DH grew up in Potsdam,
New York.

--
Donna in NE La.
"Rose in CA" wrote in message
waving Hi Steph. I also live in the San Francisco Bay area (San Jose Bay
area?? I hear that SJ is now bigger than SF) and was raised in upstate New
York. Such a small world we have here in rctq-land, eh?

Rose in CA @}---------
Rosanne DOT Morgan AT sbcglobal DOT net
Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling, fact, or tact are transmission errors.
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large
number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced......

StephM wrote:
StephM had written this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/quilting/Re-...all-87112-.htm
:
Hi! I joined the group a few days ago and what perfect timing – I’m
getting to meet you all through the roll call thread! I just began
quilting this month - taking a 5 week class at a local quilt
shop and Love it. My Mom has been quilting forever and I grew up with
it…finally got bitten by the bug myself. I really enjoy cross stitching
and been doing it on and off for over 20 years. I live in the San
Francisco Bay area, was raised in upstate New York. I
just moved in with my partner (DP? – not married yet!) We share our home
with two awesome cats. DP is in art school, loves video games, thinks my
quilting is great and he has a very cute British accent. George is a dark
tabby that I bottle raised and is my baby boy and Bean is a brown ticked,
blue-eyed feline queen. From the posts I see that QI refers to loved
fur-balls but what does it stand for?

This seems like a great group – I’m having a great time reading!!

Steph

-------------------------------------
Kamalaleah wrote:

I'll go next. My name is Tamara and live in Northern California with my
QI, Marshmallow DA Bunny. I am also retired and loving it. Not the
reason I retired, three shoulder surgeries in less than a year and a
half but love being able to do what I want when. Plus having time to
spend with my folks. I feel very lucky to have such great parents that
are good health and fun to be around. I must have done something right
in raising them

My Grandparents (Dad's parents) were tailors from the old country
(Russia. I remember my Mom making what I called three arm hole dresses
for my sister and me when were little. I still have the pattern she
used to make the dresses. I took up quilting about 8 years ago after
sewing for years. I guess sewing is in my blood. I still like cross
stitch. I sometimes teach quilting classes at my local quilt store. LOVE
dark chocolate!!! The only reason I have a kitchen is it came with the
house.

Tamara

Sally Swindells wrote:
As Cornwoman wrote 'Now I want to
know more about each of you! Please tell!!

and we seem to have a flurry of new posters, is it time for a general
Roll Call, so that newbies can see who we all are.

So here is mine:

Retired to the Suffolk coast in England from Nottingham in 2001,
so of
advancing years!

Two big children, neither still at home. Richard 33 has lived with
his
girlfriend and her three children for 5 years so it seems pretty
permanent. He works in computers (thank goodness!). Rachel is 37
and
lives with her husband Tim, an airline pilot, in central England.
She has her own Personal Training business, but I think she has given
up having a beautifully slim and fit mother!

DH Mike is into ornithology in a big way - birdwatches, rings
birds for
migration stats, does conservation work, so I am left to stitch!
(and
garden).

QI Inspector No 1 is Hodge who is a white cat with a grey tabby
mask,
hat, cloak and tail. He is assisted by 2 year old Mia (who is
black and
white and would rather be doing other things), and her brother
Kiwi who
shows great promise. Kiwi was supposed to be all black, hence his
name
the New Zealanders will understand. However, he is a bit of a
clown so
grows a long very fluffy brownish coat for winter, with a big
mane like a lion and an enormous tail. He retains his pitch black
face and legs though! In the summer he is black and short haired
and looks considerably smaller.

Have sewed for ever, lots of embroidery, but only started quilting
about 6 years ago when my sister died and left me her board, rotary
cutter, lots of bits and pieces and small stash. She only had one or
two
things unfinished but I thought I would learn to use the board and
cutter
so I could finish her things properly. However.... the stash has grown
and so has the pile of UFOs - and I seldom embroider!

I've just had a sort out of my Webshots, so its fairly up to date.
At the moment I am concentrating on the 'Singing the Blues' and have
spent the evening appliqueing leaves - lots and lots of leaves!

Chocolate - officially nil as I am dieting, but ........ (Personal

Trainer is too far away to see!).

So .. open to everyone else!

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.quilting - 85634 messages and counting!