Old January 31st 08, 12:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default Time for another Roll Call?

I'm Taria in the high desert of So. Cal. I hit the big 50 last year. I
am a retired SAHM adjusting to a dh (of 27+ years) that retired last
year. DS is in San Diego and DD lives down the hall but is threatening
to buy a house if the real estate crashes hard enough here. She is a
mapmaker and works in GIS. There are 4 QI's here. The golden girls are
Georgia and Ginger. They are almost 3 and 4 YO golden retrievers.
Lilly and Maki cats are inside cats here. There has been a new
interloper kitty outside dh has taken to feeding lately too.

I have sewn since I was a little kid. Amazing how many of us really
were just born with that. Mrs. Flatten and 4-H helped me learn to sew
pretty well. I took my first quilting class in '76 but really didn't
start quilting a lot until the last 10 years or so. I enjoy more
traditional work. I do keep a hand quilting project sort of handy but
most of my stuff I quilt on a home machine. I have a Janome 6600 I am
trying to get to know. I have collected old machines over the years.
Many are gone but there is a page with lots of photos:
http://mysite.verizon.net/siberianca...ages/index.htm
I have been involved with the a local guild for over 12 years and made
a lot of wonderful friends.

I enjoy gardening and cooking. I have sort of been in a creativity
slump in the last few years but I think I am digging my way out of that.
I've been hanging around RCTQ for years. I enjoy and appreciate all
you wonderful folks here.
Taria