Old September 20th 07, 07:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_2_]

Default Rowenta irons - try a Philips

According to the specs on the Mistral, it has automatic shut off. That's
the other problem - it's getting harder and harder to find irons that don't
have automatic shutoff.

Donna in Idaho

Over here in the UK I have been using a Philips Mistral for some years
now. Mine does get good and hot and steams well. It doesn't have auto
shut off - but I don't think they tend to over here. After a brief
search I have only found one site selling them online in the US:

http://www.thebuyersclub.com/irons.htm

NAYY, YMMV but I *do* like the irons (and so does MIL and she is a demon
ironer of all laundry items)

Lizzy