Old October 7th 04, 05:54 PM
Pat Kight

Anya wrote:

Pat, I looked at your knitted pieces and feel the bug myself. I bought a
book for beginners, but it was undecipherable to me. I was hoping you could
recommend a beginner's knitting book which is easy to follow? Thanks, Anya

Sorry for the delay (busy, busy week). The book generally credited with
sparking the latest knitting revival is Debbie Stoller's "Stitch 'n' Bitch:
A Knitter's Handbook," which has clear instructions and some simple but
cute patterns.

Me, I'm such a geek that I googled "how to knit" and "knitting lessons" and
taught myself the basics on line. Then I discovered that some of my
long-time friends were closet knitters, and now we get together on Sunday
evenings to stitch - it's really helpful having veterans to help show you
what you're doing wrong.

If you have a decent local yarn store, see if they offer classes - even
JoAnn's and Michael's sometimes have beginner knitting classes.

--
Pat Kight