Old January 6th 05, 08:16 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/6/05 3:05 PM, in article ,
"Barbara Hass" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Quoting here
Your Social Security benefits are the foundation on which you can build a
secure retirement.

Or, if you are like me, you can kiss that money good-bye permanently and
hope there's something extra to save somewhere for retirement, as
current projections are that all of my hard-earned "retirement" money
will have been spent on other people with nothing left for me/my kids as
of 2-5 years (depending on source of calculations) before my retirement
- and that's assuming I'm allowed to retire at age 65.

Not against SS in theory, but very resentful of those who put the
program into place as it is without thinking things through in the first
place, leading to massive problems we have now. Also tired of
politicians who seem to be concerned only with keeping it solvent
through *their* retirement, no matter what the cost to those of us who
are younger. (And I hope there are exceptions to that statement!)

Barbara HJ

I fully expect to be denied SS by the time I reach 65 - less that 20 years
from now. Ditto DH. We have 401k's and savings and despite pouring in
dollars, will get nothing.

Cheryl