Old September 25th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Default Focus on Design: Storm at Sea

Pat in Virginia wrote:
In this thread, let's FOCUS ON DESIGN: STORM AT SEA QUILTS!

At the Malvern Show there was a Storm at Sea Quilt which had a small
hand painted scene (Acrylics?) in the centre of each block - 30 of them.
The pictures were quite detailed landscapes of places of significance to
the quilter and were only about 3" each. I have a photograph of the
whole quilt and a closeup of one of one of the paintings but
unfortunately don't know the name of the person who made it, and don't
want to get shot down by the Copyright police! Until you were really
close you didn't realise the pictures were hand painted. It was amazing.

I have S at S in my 'to do one day folder, but mine wont have painted
pictures on it!

--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)