Old July 7th 03, 05:33 AM
Mika

"CNYstitcher" wrote in message
Every time somebody buys sale fabric at my local JoAnns and tries to use
the coupon, they tell them the same thing. The reason is that it would
be giving a "double discount" which isn't allowed. If something is on
sale for 30% off and you want to use the 50% coupon, you will get 50%
off the regular price...just the way it has always worked..even from the
days when I worked at JoAnns (years ago, it seems)

And I just figured out why I got the sale price then the 50% off the last
time. I have only used a coupon for fabric one time before this. It was
priced at the sale price when it was cut but I used the coupon when I got to
the register. I didn't know at the time that I was supposed to give the
coupon to the person cutting the fabric so they could adjust the price
there. So I got it at sale price then 50% off. When I spoke to the clerk
about it this time, it just didn't click with me that it would be like a
double discount. Yeah it should have, I know, lol. But well in my old age
what can I say. Anyway, thank you all for pointing this out to me. I will
know better the next time.

Mika