Old July 7th 03, 01:22 AM
CNYstitcher

Every time somebody buys sale fabric at my local JoAnns and tries to use
the coupon, they tell them the same thing. The reason is that it would
be giving a "double discount" which isn't allowed. If something is on
sale for 30% off and you want to use the 50% coupon, you will get 50%
off the regular price...just the way it has always worked..even from the
days when I worked at JoAnns (years ago, it seems)

Mika wrote:

I had a 50% off coupon that was expiring on the 3rd so I went in that day.
They had some fabric that I wanted on sale. But when I gave the coupon to
the girl cutting the fabric she rang it up at regular price and said that
with a coupon it automatically prices at regular price, that I can't get the
sale price with a coupon. I told her that I had done it in the past and she
refused to give me the sale price with the coupon. I was ticked. She was
rather rude too. The only problem is, there just aren't many fabric stores
worth anything around where I live so my choices are pretty limited to
JoAnns and Walmart.

Mika

"Julia Altshuler" wrote in message

I added to the subject line of this thread. I feel like such a fool. I

know

not to shop at Joann's. I've had so many bad experiences there before,

but they

were having a half off sale on quilting notions, and I need a new Fiskars
acrylic 6" x 24" ruler so I decided to go. Sure enough, I got there, and

they

told me that some of their rulers are quilting notions and therefore on

sale,

but the Fiskars one isn't. Classic bait and switch. I walked out without
buying anything, and I'm sure it will be ages before I'm tempted to go

back and

try again, but I still feel like an idiot for thinking this time would be
different.

--Lia