Old July 15th 15, 12:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
sharoncapps

Default hello again

Good to see you Sue. It is always nice to get pieces finished. I need to
do the framing on a lot of stitched pieces and I have enough stash for 10
people to be able to stitch in a lifetime. Hope you stay around.
Sharon in MN

"Susan Hartman" wrote in message
Hello, friends -

I haven't been around in a long while, and thought I'd pop in and say
hello. I'm telling you, full-time work really gets in the way of stitching
time! But I keep at it (the stitching, that is), just much more slowly.

I've made myself a promise to finish WIPs before undertaking any major new
pieces, and am proud that I finally finished Emie Bishop's "The Garden,"
which took several years of non-continuous stitching. I posted a photo on
r.c.t.n.p in "Sue's folder". And Joan encouraged me to stop in and say
hello after a long absence.

Just at the moment I'm working on some little bookmarks - using up scraps
of fabric by hemstitching around and cross stitching a little something on
it - and completing another WIP, a Nutmeg company Christmas cottage 3-D
ornament. I did one two years ago that got first place in the state fair
and I started this one at the same time, then didn't look at it again
until two weeks ago. This week I've been cleaning out and rearranging the
TV room where I have a lot of stash just piled around; in the coming week
I'll be organizing it and choosing which WIP to tackle next. DH and I are
getting to the "we REALLY have to think about downsizing" stage, so I have
to get a handle on my stitching addiction!

Happy to see a bunch of familiar names still posting!

cheers,
Sue