Old August 23rd 04, 05:47 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Got a compass? A protractor? A string wrapped around a pencil?
You can take a square or rectangle of fabric
(or on paper to draw your pattern) then add a 1/2 circle to opposite ends
of that square or rectangle, to make an accurate oval. Costs nothing
extra to use a little geometry to figure it out. g
You can also get some wide butcher paper (just smile at the nice
person behind the butcher counter and you can get the paper for free)
and fold it in half and center your pattern on there.
If you do use an inexpensive tablecloth to figure out your masterpiece,
get a light-colored cloth and a blue wash-out fabric marking pen.
Experiment, play, have a good time with this.
Good luck!
Ragmop/Sandy
"JG" wrote in message
. ..
Ok, after some very helpful suggestions, I have *roughly* sketched what I
think I want to make. You can see it in my New Tablecloth album, URL

below.
The Star & Crescent pattern can be seen at
http://www.quilterscache.com/S_U/Sta...centBlock.html *Any* helpful
hints/suggestions/observations would be greatly appreciated.

Also, how do I go about making such a large oval? The table is ~48"x72". I
would use the old tablecloth as a template, but it is very warped and not
even close to being an oval anymore.

TIA!
--
Ginger (in Texas)