Old January 28th 04, 04:38 PM
Cheryl

I read somewhere a while back that you could use a electric coffee grinder
to turn a coarse embossing powder into detail powder and sure enough, it
works. I found an old but working electric coffee grinder at a yard sale
and now I buy thick and make detail whenever I want.
I keep a Bounce dryer sheet next to my craft table and rub it over my craft
coral--I think that is what it's called--before I emboss above it. It takes
all the static out and makes getting the powder back into the container much
easier.
Cheryl

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Isn't it amazing how our kitchen stuff keeps disappearing into the
stamp/craft room? I also use my stiff acrylic spatulas to spread the YES.
It really holds well. Once, I also used a putty knife borrowed from my
husband's storage cabinet. Just wondering what other uses for kitchen or
common household items we all may have found useful in the stamp room?
Please share.
TIA
Cheryl

"Pat Kight" wrote in message
Jo wrote:

just wondering Pat, how do you spread your YES glue ? I have some and

make
quite a mess when I try to use it. And I must put too much as it

buckles
bit, vbg.

Yes, it's a bit on the thick side, isn't it?

I use a flexible metal cake-frosting spatula (one of many kitchen
implements that have found their way to my studio) like this one:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?B1FA21D17

Lay the work face-down on a piece of waxed paper or scrap, trowel a dab

of
YES paste on the back, and then use the spatula to spread the paste in

an
even layer over the work, the thinner the better.

--
Pat Kight