Old August 3rd 03, 07:09 PM
Judith Truly

If you are running out of floss in a colour you can often "close match" it
to a shade and then use one strand of each shade together in the needle
until you run out of the beginning shade altogether, forming a transition
that is so gradual that it is unoticeable in the whole. It must be a pretty
close match, tho.
"Shstringfellow" wrote in message
shop owner told me that she has customers who toss out all the kit
thread and purchase DMC. Does anyone else do this?

I do it all the time- so many kits have floss that I just don't want to

work
with. In fact, I just bought a kit that I'm going to switch out the floss

and
the fabric- neither are very good quality and the project is large and
involved, so I want it to be the best possible quality materials.
So, I paid for a kit and am only using the pattern! But, I couldn't find

the
pattern separately, so that was my only solution.
SueS