Old July 14th 17, 04:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default OT The Pink Toenails of Shame

oooh, he is probably mad he has had to turn in his "man-cat card" with new pink toenails.

Hoping the house effort continues moving forward!

Ginger in CA
[email to respond is ]

On Sunday, July 9, 2017 at 2:08:53 PM UTC-7, Night Mist wrote:
So the bank needed to copy some more papers, thus I was poking about in my file drawer. After getting everything found and sorted, and everything els back where it belonged, I closed the drawer. Completely forgetting how attractive the space behind the drawer is to cats and how sneaky they are about getting in there whenever it is opened.
Usually it is Jiji who sneaks back in there. This time when I heard the howl and opened the drawer Jericho came out. In a complete and total panic, over the top of the files instead of out the back hole that is made when the drawer opens.
He lunged out, grabbed the arm of the chair with his front claws and scrabbled out, raking my leg from lower thigh to mid calf in the process. Good thing I was wearing shorts instead of a skirt or he would have just ruined the fabric.

I was just "well damn"! and went to get a washcloth and some antibiotic ointment.
However DH caught me and made me sit while he fussed around with peroxide and gauze and tape and such. It was just scratches, a bit of blood welled up and it welted in a couple of spots, but it is not like I needed stitches or anything. In fact I think the bruising from the tape is worse than the scratches. DH took on like I had been attacked by a leopard.

This resulted in a trip to Petsmart during yesterday's shopping excursion.. Poor Jericho has had his claws clipped and those nail covers for cats applied.

He now has pink toenails.

He is still walking around the house shaking his feet and periodically trying to chew them off. We have had a lot of yodeling with a particularly pathetic edge to it. Jiji keeps coming up and sniffing Jericho's feet and giving him that "Dude!" look.

NightMist