Old October 28th 03, 08:41 AM
Sharon Harper

Oooooh I'd love to see that!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
Member of the Houston 2004 Party Animals
"Roberta in D" wrote in message
4...
Do you recall seeing the photo of Bristol Star? It was on the cover of
QNM a few years ago, Big circle of flying geese around a big central
mariner's compass, and the geese curve off to form 4 smaller circles in
the corners... Stunning! This is my "someday" project, except I'd need to
find how to do it in a different way so it wouldn't just look like I'd
copied that quilt. I've done lots of compasses, so technically, I THINK
it's possible, just not quite entirely sure.
Roberta in D

"Diana Curtis" wrote in
:

Is there a quilt you would love to make but it puts your stomach in
knots to think about making it? What would this terrifying quilt be
and what about it makes you tremble?
Mine is the Dahlia. Its the picking of the fabrics that has me
worried. In
the book I have there are a couple of examples of color ways given. I
hate all of them. But they do point out the importance of picking
good contrast and coordinating patterns. This would be the best time
to use a scanner to take the diagram of the quilt to be able to
preview fabrics in it. Its on my to do list, right under long nap.
Ok..spill... lets see if there are lots of people intimidated by the
same quilts.
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44