Old August 19th 03, 12:09 AM
Sharon Harper

A lovely story Diana (almost as lovely as you!).

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Well... I was waiting till everyone else had their say but since you asked
so nicely Ill dive in now.
I wanted to make quilts because they looked so homey. This was back in

the
hippy days of make it yourself. My mom was a wonderful clothing maker but
had not tried making quilts. I couldnt learn it from her or any other

family
member so I learned the basics from a woman who was over from South Africa
on a strange Tom Sawyer type adventure with a young man from California. I
made a few blocks and that was about it until a few years later when I

made
my first quilt. That was a laughable yet loveable affair, all cotton

sheets
and bits and bobs from Moms sewing bag. There was a badger of fleece and a
muskie *fish* out of uncut cordoroy, and it was machine everything I

think.
It had part of a comforter, nylon covered, as its batt and my ex took it

in
the divorce and later returned it. The batt is making a return appearence

in
my siggy quilt!
Later I made quilts from cotton and poly cotton cause it was I could get
for free.or frugally.. and I made quilts.
Or quilt tops anyway.
My son found me RCTQ some years ago. I posted hesitantly at first... then
somehow I finally figured it out, that I was welcome here, no matter how
wonky my seams... no matter if I ever finished a quilt or not. It seemed
that my brand of playing around was fine, that it was not a quilt police
kind of group. Now, youd have to use dynamite to get rid of me. I cant
picture a time when I wont want to come here to laugh, or mourn, or
celebrate (anything.. heck.. a day of good health seems a good reason to
smile and say whooohoooo!) and maybe even talk quilting a bit!
Oh, thats what held me back at first. I felt I had nothing to offer... I
am not a technically good quilter.
As for the mead... cyber mead is my strength.. but its super strong..
believe me! LOL
Hugs,
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Paul & Suzie Beckwith" wrote in

message
Aha - if you like mead, you need to get Anty Krysia to send you a
bottle of honey vodka - Krupnik - from Poland - its like mead, but on
steroids...

And - picture the scene if you will - O'Hare Airport Immigration desk,
"what is the purpose of your visit"
"to visit friends off the internet" and me promptly digging in my
purse for a well-thumbed piece of paper with Sarah's address written
on it.. you should have seen the look on the immigration officers
face...

Suzie B
p.s. - when you gonna tell us why you started and etc?
--
"From the internet connection under the pier"
Southend, UK