Old August 30th 07, 08:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mika

Default Machine Quilt?

"Taria" wrote in message
newsLhBi.12174$Yg.3067@trnddc02...
Since you asked, it would be good to get the thing finished. Any quilt I
went to the trouble to hand piece I would probably want to go ahead and
hand quilt. I just keep a quit in a floor hoop going all the time.
No, that quilt doesn't change much since I am slow but usually it is
vintage or special. If you just no way would get around to finishing
it by hand go ahead and machine quilt. Better done that not. If you
are going to pay someone to quilt it I would try to find a hand quilter.
I hope the MQ'er won't stone me for that. I just think there probably
is a place for all kinds of quilting. All hand done is a rare quilt these
days. WHatever you do will be fine though. It is your quilt.
Taria

I'm going to quilt it myself. I guess my thoughts in asking was kind of like
this. I'm not very good with the stitching yet. My stitches are often uneven
and vary in the number per inch. Yes I am very much a beginner in hand
piecing. I was wondering about the durability of machine quilting vs hand
quilting since I'm not really very good with the piecing yet. I tried to
hand quilt on a frame and just could not get the hang of it. I'm left-handed
and it was so uncomfortable. I haven't tried with a hoop so that may be an
option for handquilting and may be a great way to learn. Who knows. :-)

Hugs,
Mika
Queen of PaperPiece Klutzdom