Old August 29th 07, 06:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

Default Machine Quilt?

In article ,
"Mika" wrote:

Hi Everyone. I finally got a few minutes of quiet to pop in and check on
everyone. I hope ya'll are all doing ok. I think about ya'll everyday and
tell myself that I will make time to pop in for a visit. Just as I sit down
to the puter, the toddler wakes up or decides he's hungry or something. So I
haven't had much time to post lately. He keeps me hopping and on days that I
have both toddlers, well, I just don't get much of anything done. Oh and we
just found out that Grandbaby #5 will be making an appearance in about 7
months.

Anyway, to my question. Some of you may remember that when I first started
quilting again a few years ago, I started with a Tumbling Block. I got a few
blocks done and have worked on it sporadically over the years. Then a few
months ago I drug it out again and decided to hand piece the blocks. I've
actually begun to enjoy hand piecing them. I'm nowhere near finished with it
but I've been pondering how I want to quilt it when it's done. I don't think
I want to even attempt handquilting it. So what do you all think about
machine quilting a hand pieced quilt? Has anyone done this? I'm curious to
know everyone's opinion on machine quilting vs handquilting a hand pieced
quilt.

I can't see any problem at all with what you propose to do, Mika! It's
your quilt, after all, and you get to decide how to do it. Just
remember: finished is *good*!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)