Old March 8th 05, 01:03 AM
Jalynne

You did such a good job! I know that it isn't your style, but SIL
will love it. Consider it a trial run for your own! Also, I think
you should get extra points for making it a stash quilt.

Jalynne - Queen Gypsy
http://www.100megsfree4.com/jalynne
Keeper of the Quilt for ME list

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 13:40:25 -0600, "Diana Curtis"
wrote:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lunamo...=18f9.jpg&.src
=ph
SIL is coming to visit for two weeks, starting this Sunday. I thought it
would be nice if she had a quilt to sleep under and then save me postage and
the worry of sending it to New Brunswick by making her a very fast Irish
Chain quilt. It looks as tho it will be finished while she is here, there
are no batting pieces big enough to put together here.
The Irish Chain part is a large scale pink/yellow and blue floral paisley,
the chain is a deep raspberry geometric tone on tone, and the borders are a
bit of this and that found in the stash. I think she will love it. It had a
small accident and a small crochet heart applique will be needed to mend a
tear in the border. Lesson learned? Use the seam ripper. :-)
It just dawned on me that this is a totally made from stash quilt! Yay!
You all have been a good influence on me. My piecing is finally reaching the
acceptable level and that makes me think I wont give up on quilting after
all. Not yet. :-)
Diana