Old January 15th 04, 09:40 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/15/04 4:06 PM, in article ,

Message for animaux
From: Cheryl Isaak

.... But I will continue to skip the opera - those poor singers can sound
like
they are in such pain. LOL

I am not "into" what I call heavy opera -- Wagner and such. I DO like light
opera -- Gilbert & Sullivan for instance and just about any type of choral
(sp?) programmes.

Now operettas are ok - sort of very musical musical! LOL

I'm not sure if my dislike of "heavy opera" is because I
don't understand it (language barriers and all that) or just because it sounds
so melodramatic. then again, I have never attended any "heavy opera"
performances and that might have something to do with it. I should imagine if
you can *see* what is going on during the performanc, it would make it more
easily understood and hence be more enjoyable.

That might be a point, I have a very poor ear for languages.

Of course, ANY Bugs Bunny or Daffy performance that includes "heavy opera"
IS imminently enjoyable and quite acceptable to my way of thinking :-)))!
CiaoMeow ^;;^
.

That's Opera Doc!
Cheryl