Old August 23rd 04, 02:23 PM
JG

Thanks, Kathy, I sure hope so. I figured the center pattern could be
elongated fairly easily. If I cannot draw it, I will scan it, then stretch
it to appropriate proportions with my photo touch-up program. If I'm unable
to get a nice large oval by using Roberta's idea about folding the old
tablecloth into quarters, I will see if I can buy a cheap one to use as a
pattern. Thanks for the suggestion!
--
Ginger (in Texas)
http://photos.yahoo.com/gingerbread1958

"Kathy in CA" wrote in message
That's going to be gorgeous when you get it done! Another option: you

could
buy an inexpensive oval table cloth the appropriate size and use that as
your pattern shape. As for the pattern, it shouldn't be too hard to

enlarge
the template for the larger center motif
--
Kathy in CA
Quilting Stuff:

"JG" wrote in message
. ..
Ok, after some very helpful suggestions, I have *roughly* sketched what

think I want to make. You can see it in my New Tablecloth album, URL

below.
The Star & Crescent pattern can be seen at
http://www.quilterscache.com/S_U/Sta...centBlock.html *Any* helpful
hints/suggestions/observations would be greatly appreciated.

Also, how do I go about making such a large oval? The table is ~48"x72".

would use the old tablecloth as a template, but it is very warped and

not
even close to being an oval anymore.

TIA!